Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Birthday 2009

So....Seriously, I am not usually a whiny person; however, yesterday was an extremely eventful Birthday.....and here's what happened.

Jack, my six year old had a fever the night before. I decided to keep him home from school "just in case." My mom, who is visiting, was to go with me to my ultrasound and find out the gender of the kiddo in my tummy. She ended up staying at home - Thank God. I took Aiden to Moms Day Out. I ended up running late for my appointment.

Everything looks great. It's a boy! I'm not too sad....I was hoping for a little girl, but honestly, I am not sure how to "handle" a girl. Boys...I got it down...so far. So anyway....the utrasound tech did the ultrasound and had me down in the computer as another lady. Okay, so I got moved and did a second ultrasound. This took about 45 minutes. After she was done, I had to wait around for the doctor. It took him about a half an hour. Man oh man. I had to got potty and I was starting to get sick (I hadn't eaten for a couple of hours and didn't bring a snack.) I got up and went to look for the doctor. We found each other in the hallway. I headed back and got a third ultrasound. The bright side is....I have lots of pictures of the kiddo and his "man parts." :)

I ran out of the doctors office and zoomed across town to pick up Aiden. It was already 1:30. I was five minutes early, yay! Well, yay! until I got a letter saying that a little girl in the class had been sent home with lice. Well shit! I haven't had to deal with lice, but I guess now is better than in two weeks when my mom is gone.

I run over to McDonalds. I am starving and barely holding off the queezies. Run home. Jack looks horrible. His temp has spiked to 102F. I'm running out of Tylenol Cold. I ran over to Target, sans kiddos, and talk to the Pharmacist. BTW, the lady Pharmacist at Target at Mullens Crossings is awesome! Anywho...I told her what was going on and she told me that Lice Rid or whatever the name is of the lice remover is a Catagory C. That means that it is linked with birth defects. Well crap. So we decide that the best way to avoid any infestation is to shave Aidens head and wash everything he was wearing, to include his back pack and car seat cover, in hot, bleachy water.

I get home and convince Aiden that bald is awesome and promise him a candy! We move outside and shave the kiddos hair. He looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. It's a serious buzz cut. Never mind the fact that there are a couple, a couple mind you, strands of hair that are an inch longer than the others. :D

Everything is looking good. My mom and I are in the kitchen making homemade chicken soup. The best medicine for a cold. We are just about to put everything on the table when Jack jumps off of the couch - his sick bed- and starts vomitting on the living room floor. He got ten good ones in before we could get the garbage can to him. Well, double shit. We clean him, the floor, the pillows, the blankets and his stuffed dog named "Clifford" (he's a yellow lab not a big red dog). Whew. It could have been worse. I think.

Dinner is going well. Both kiddos ate soup and are going to get ready for bed. My mom and I are sitting at the table taking it easy when my little one let in the dog. Our neighbor dog came in too. She had some leaves stuck to her rear and I got up to remove them. Only, I found out too late the leaves are attached by dog crap. Triple shit!!!!

By the time EVERYTHING settled down it was midnightish. Actually closer to one in the morning.

I could say it was one of the most horrible birthdays ever; HOWEVER, I know that I am having healthy a little boy, Jack is not sick anymore and Aiden does not have lice.

It was just a long, looong day. Thanks for the well wishes - that's probably what saved me from a bad birthday.

Love,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment