Monday, November 1, 2010

Pull My Finger

I have boys. At first, I thought that I really wanted a girl....but I've come to realize that I have the sense of humor of a twelve year old boy. I laugh at things that twelve year old boys would laugh at. For example: When people trip and fall. I laugh. It's not as if I don't care, I just can't stop laughing. I ask, in between giggles, if they're okay, but certainly they must think I'm some sort of sadist.

I don't just laugh at strangers. I laugh at my family too...

We have a foyer which has a door that connects the foyer and the living room. It's really nice. I can shut the door at night and watch movies without the kiddos getting disturbed. One day my Middle Man Aiden was showing me how fast he could run. He would run from the front door through the foyer and into the living room to the back door. He did this at least ten times. Well....on his last run he ran into the little wall, about a foot and a half in width, that connects the foyer door to the living room. I couldn't help laughing. He was sprawled out on the floor holding his head. He was crying - probably more so because I was laughing than from actual hurt. I couldn't stop. How many times had he run without hitting the wall? Or stubbing a toe?

Well...with my humor comes fun in farting. Not necessarily just me, but everyone else. I think it's funny - especially in inappropriate times. For example: when your meeting your soon to be in-laws for the first time. Right before a first kiss. You know, that kind of thing.

Well....I had made the mistake of teaching my seven and, then, five year old the art of "Pull My Finger." I thought it was funny. But it became more of a PITA (Pain in the Ass) than anything else when PMF was done at the dinner table. We had to implement a new rule that PMF was prohibited at the table. And with boys, or at least with mine, you have to be extremely specific when stating something. No PMF at the breakfast, lunch, snack and/or dinner table. No PMF around the dining room - you have to be out of the area where food is out in the open (fruits), being prepared, and made into breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. No PMF in restaurants. No PMF in the car when someone has a snack. Food = No PMF. Any variations of food = No PMF. Randomly extending a finger and not saying PMF STILL constitutes as PMF. Whispering PMF = PMF. Giving the PMF "look" and slowly extending a finger STILL = PMF. Winking and extending a finger still = PMF. And my most recent declaration....No PMF at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment