Sunday, September 13, 2009

When I Was Younger

Seriously....I am a thirty seven year old chick with a six and a half year old, an almost five year old and a two month old. I consider myself to be young of mind, medium of body and old in spirit. I am not a old spinster nor am I a decrepit witch (old wise woman) - you know the type: gnarled hands, stooped so low boobs hit the ground, shufflin' feet like Yoda.

However, I find myself saying "When I was younger"...... and that truly pisses me off. I don't want to compare myself to others, but damn it, it's hard.

Generation - whatever the hell is after mine and then after them - are whiners. Really. I had it good. They have it better. And they want more. Nothing is fair to them. Nothing is good enough. And the really scary part is that most of these kiddos don't have empathy. I played Pac-Man, eating funky colored ghosts, and they play Doom or Grand Theft Auto. They don't know how to separate violence in games from violence in life.

I read an article about a fifteen year old who solicited his thirteen year old friend in matricide simply because the mom said "no." What? Really!?! She didn't beat him, she didn't molest him and she didn't sell him on the black market for drugs. Nope. She told him that she wasn't going to let him switch schools. For this, she was stabbed multiple times. Is human life that expendable? Is this few and far between or are there more Menendez brothers out there?

I'm sure there was nasty shit like this when I was younger; however, it seems that the isolation of the cases are becoming more common. OR is it that with the information highway going a trillion times faster than light, that we are more informed on crap like this? And if so, do I really want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment